Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

21/09/10

The Brown Clan has returned to the UK! A four hour ferry ride yesterday brought us to Cardiff, Wales and today we packed our bags again and headed North, to Bath, England. The day began with a wee look around Cardiff. We viewed the castle from the outside (not wanting to be ripped off something severe by the British Government in order to take a gander at the inside) and the girls did a spot of shopping, as per usual, unfortunately dragging me along for the ride. They say it’s torture for human males as well but at least they can look at things for themselves. Having a considerable amount of fur I don’t find the need for clothes, so it’s particularly tiresome for myself.
After a short while that felt like an eternity, we left the main town and headed to Cardiff Bay, to check out the Dr. Who exhibit at the Red Dragon Centre. I must say, after only a few episodes (accidentally stumbled across during some of the BBC channels finer moments) I’ve become a huge fan! I much prefer the season with David Tenant as the Doctor of course, but I enjoy the stories in the latest shows all the same. It was fantastic to see so many of the friends and enemies The Doctor encounters on his journeys, as well as genuine costumes and props from the set! The gift shop was particularly dangerous, it was all I could do not to walk out of there with a 50£ radio-controlled Dalek. Of course, having no clothes, I also have no suitcase and therefore no way of transporting items larger than myself around with me. It was a right laugh all the same!
Not too far from Bath you will find arguably England’s most famous landmark: Stonehenge. This is where we headed in the late afternoon, the perfect time due to the beautifully photogenic light conditions. Visitors are able to walk the full perimeter of Stonehenge, viewing it from all angles and affected by the light in many different ways. I have to imagine it would be absolutely amazing to spend a full 24 hours there, and see the stones at all times of day. It was incredible enough just to spend 30minutes in their presence.
Whew today was a busy day indeed.
Ever wandering, never lost
-          Moo

No comments:

Post a Comment